The family now gets help from the neighbors
Monir Hossain died on April 16, 2020 in Qatar due to an electric shock. He had worked for three years for a company as a painter. The 28-year-old widow Fatima Begum says that she has now moved in with her dead husband's parents. - I am worried how I can afford to pay for my children's education, she says. The entire family in the Cumilla district of southeastern Bangladesh is now having a difficult time. - The official explanation is that it was an “accident” but they do not have any further details. The family now gets help from the neighbors to cope with the daily expenses.
Told to the journalistic platform Blankspot
Monir Hossain died on April 16, 2020, when struck by a high-powered jolt of electricity. He had worked as a painter in Qatar for three years.
“I worry about how I will be able to afford my children’s education,” says his 28-year-old widow, Fatima Begum, who has had to move in with her in-laws.
Monir Hossain’s mother, who is 70 years old, says the whole family, who lives in the Cumilla District of southeastern Bangladesh, is struggling as a result of her son’s death.
“His wife and children receive help from neighbors and local organizations to manage the every day expenses,” she says.
The official cause of death is electrocution and documentation states it was an accident, but that’s all the family knows.